Open Access Information
Journals in which we can publish open-access for free:
How to get open-access funded
- If researcher is SNF funded, then by the SNF
- Otherwise, for young researchers, by UniGe: https://www.unige.ch/biblio/en/openaccess/publication-fund/
How to add a preprint or post-print to an open archive
Find out about what you are allowed to do, for every journal:
- Consider UniGe's Archive: https://archive-ouverte.unige.ch/ (click on submit a document)
- Additional possibilites are ArXiv and others
- For open-source software, it is probably good to use the public GitHub or GitLab servers
- For data sets, consider Yareta: yareta.unige.ch
Think about data formats, as standard as possible, as maintainable as possible.
HDF5 data format?
Additional information: Division de l'information scientifique. "Mardi de l'information", https://www.unige.ch/dis/confbiblio/
Includes information on how to formulate a data management plan, DMP.